Opossum’s Life Rapidly Goes From Awesome To Over With – January 6, 2010
• Saturday, December 5 12:34 p.m. A pouch containing a camera and some pot was found at a 13th Street store.
4:06 p.m. A broken window at City Hall was secured with a sheet of half-inch plywood screwed into the frame.
4:58 p.m. When a Uniontown store employee tackled a man who’d taken a bottle of wine, he hurt his knee.
• Sunday, December 6 6:05 a.m. A backpack and bag were swiped from a donut shop eternal.
9:11 a.m. A woman out on a walk was followed for three miles by a friendly dog of unknown ownership, which was collected and taken to the shelter.
9:32 a.m. When an 11th Street resident asked someone parked out front of his house to move his car, the driver reacted with a fusillade of f’s, then sped away. The next morning, the car was slathered in albumen, which was drying in the sun and causing paint damage.
9:50 a.m. An opossum stowed away in a Hyland Street chicken coop for the night, bunking down in a sack of chicken feed. When a women went to feed her chickens, she startled the opossum and it bit her. She locked the critter in the coop and called police, who came and dispatched it.
2:47 p.m. Someone walked around on a Valley East Boulevard resident’s car.
3:19 p.m. A Valley West Boulevard resident said she and her husband had argued about their TV’s volume when he said, “I’ll fix the problem,” and attempted to throw the set out the window. When she intervened in the video defenestration, her left thumb was smashed.
• Monday, December 7 9:09 a.m. A loaded and cocked handgun was found on the train tracks at Eight and N streets.
11:10 a.m. Alleged slapping and punching at a Plaza tavern resulted in a police report.
12:08 p.m. An Eighth Street shipping business received a box containing 10.8 pounds of marijuana. DTF was notified.
12:44 p.m. Paintings were stolen from the basement wall of Stewart School.
1:28 p.m. A $350 chainsaw was stolen from an unlocked C Street garage.
• Tuesday, December 8 11:56 a.m. An upper H Street resident said that while he was out doing his laundry, someone came into his apartment and poured shampoo all over the bathroom.
12:10 p.m. A man on Samoa Boulevard complained that his broken jaw’s wiring had come loose.
9:02 p.m. A woman said that a security guard told her he’d been offered $200 by her ex-husband to find someone to “off” her.
• Wednesday, December 9 9:26 a.m. A Sunny Brae resident received a letter accusing her of “pointing out” grow houses in her neighborhood.
3:19 p.m. Two dashing figures darted about in traffic in the 400 block of H Street, leaping among and in front of cars to demand money.
• Thursday, December 10 2:45 p.m. A mountain lion was reported on Wyatt Lane.
• Friday, December 11 2:03 a.m. A way drunk-sounding guy called in to report being assaulted by a bunch of guys, but he wasn’t sure if it happened on the Plaza or Sunset Avenue.
9:39 a.m. The Redwood Sciences Lab reported the strong odor of marijuana coming from a nearby community forest.